Thursday, December 16, 2004

The One Where Yvonne Goes To The Ballet

SDT's The Sleeping Beauty
Scene from The Sleeping Beauty

2.5 hours, shaky start, imperfect Rose Adagio (but things picked up thereafter), beautiful sets and costumes, and cool animal couples. Oh, and a live orchestra. The music rocks. *contented sigh* Urm... and The Royal Ballet's coming to Singapore next June to perform the original Swan Lake for the Arts Fest... Eep... Should I...?

Aside from that "debutante" experience in the evening, the step across the timeline with 21 years under my belt was... uneventful. (Well what were you expecting from someone like me? Wild parties, booze, and getting some body part pierced or something? 'fraid not, but "uneventful" doesn't necessarily connotate a negative image eh?) Random thought: Should it have been 21 years behind me instead of 21 years under my belt? Heh. Rachel called me a "newly-minted 21 year old", haha which is kinda cute. Makes me imagine some fairy tapping my head with a wand. Ping! And yes Candice, I still love you nonetheless. I figure we should just steer clear of conversations involving people and English. *grin*

Feel like I've some unfinished business, that and my life as whole to straighten out. It's embarrassing, I know. I mean, what on earth must they be thinking about You? It'd be marvellous if I could offer my all to mark this one day in my life - but I've done it before, and I'd be doing it again, and again, and again... ... It's not something I can do on my own. I need to stop trying to do things on my own. And I need You.

Yvonne | 8:56 AM |


<< Home
Archives.


Talk to me.

Tune In.

| air1 | parousia | switchfoot | dishwalla | corrinne may | jack johnson | jason mraz | rockwell church | stephen speaks | justin king | thai music |

Check Out.

| 9 chickweed lane | mutts | hallmarks of felinity | two lumps | lynxie's diary | lomography | unphotographable | kurt halsey | albinoblacksheep | 8-legged | e-sword |

Go Wild.

| wild singapore | habitat news | blue water volunteers | enn |

Nose Around.

| benjamin | candice | desmond | dorcas | fiona | joel koh | joel pan | jon leong | jon liu | juan hui | polar bear | rachel | renee | sachel | sheep | sheep's webpage | wei liang | yvonne yip |

www.flickr.com
squashedspuds' photos More of squashedspuds' photos


Powered by Blogger