Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Like A Child

What are some antonyms of the word "forthright" again? Oh right. Insincere, evasive, and deceit, just to name a few.

I hate deception with intense vehemence. (Which would possibly explain the long-running enmity between me and my sibling, who however is not the basis for this rant of a post)

I can swallow ill manners (read: insolence) far better than fibs. Don't get me wrong, uncivil behavior I certainly do not condone. Woe on the individual who disregards even some basic respect for his elders. But to a certain extent I salute the fella who will not put up a facade of benevolance for the sake of appearances, more usually than not, his own.

But back to deception. The abhorrence of it underlies my intolerance of obsequiousness, even lip-service (yes, so now you know), and probably a thousand and one other little deeds that reek of it. An angry word would sting me less than the knowledge of having my trust in a person displaced.

I've been described as somewhat "child-like" before. Whether in behavior, mentality, or simply the way I carry myself, they never elucidated. But maybe that's why I get so beaten up by deception. Because I probably trust others as would a child. Those whom I've opened my heart up to, anyway.

Purpose of this post? Nothing whatsoever. I just needed to rant.

Yvonne | 1:35 PM |


<< Home
Archives.


Talk to me.

Tune In.

| air1 | parousia | switchfoot | dishwalla | corrinne may | jack johnson | jason mraz | rockwell church | stephen speaks | justin king | thai music |

Check Out.

| 9 chickweed lane | mutts | hallmarks of felinity | two lumps | lynxie's diary | lomography | unphotographable | kurt halsey | albinoblacksheep | 8-legged | e-sword |

Go Wild.

| wild singapore | habitat news | blue water volunteers | enn |

Nose Around.

| benjamin | candice | desmond | dorcas | fiona | joel koh | joel pan | jon leong | jon liu | juan hui | polar bear | rachel | renee | sachel | sheep | sheep's webpage | wei liang | yvonne yip |

www.flickr.com
squashedspuds' photos More of squashedspuds' photos


Powered by Blogger