Thursday, January 19, 2006

Update

By the sole provision of God, I have gotten a job, and will be starting work this coming Monday. It was something that had already been more or less confirmed 1.5 weeks ago, but I guess I wasn't comfortable putting it up on the web until I'd signed the contract!

Such has He provided for my needs that I've been left mouth agape numerous times over. The increase in pay, for one. The company decided to raise the amount from an hourly rated pay to one that meets my qualifications, even though it's only a temp position lasting 3 months. And believe it or not, very timely SALES while I still have the time to shop. As frivolous as it may sound, I'm seriously not kidding about this point. The office is located in the CBD area, and in no way are the current contents of my wardrobe able to see me through the basic dress code expected over there. Blouses under $10, bottoms at $20. Woot. Though I do wonder what shall become of them should my plans to study Physio come to pass...

Work clothing issues aside, I'm looking forward to the stint in a corporate environment. I know, I know, I've always balked at the mere thought of being dressed in office garb and joining the mon-fri, 9-5 grind. But I do welcome the (short-term) exposure. Heh. =)

Application for a place in NYP is still pending. Outcome will only be released in late Feb/early March. Please cover in prayer!

Yvonne | 10:36 PM |
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Archives.


Talk to me.

Tune In.

| air1 | parousia | switchfoot | dishwalla | corrinne may | jack johnson | jason mraz | rockwell church | stephen speaks | justin king | thai music |

Check Out.

| 9 chickweed lane | mutts | hallmarks of felinity | two lumps | lynxie's diary | lomography | unphotographable | kurt halsey | albinoblacksheep | 8-legged | e-sword |

Go Wild.

| wild singapore | habitat news | blue water volunteers | enn |

Nose Around.

| benjamin | candice | desmond | dorcas | fiona | joel koh | joel pan | jon leong | jon liu | juan hui | polar bear | rachel | renee | sachel | sheep | sheep's webpage | wei liang | yvonne yip |

www.flickr.com
squashedspuds' photos More of squashedspuds' photos


Powered by Blogger