Sunday, June 17, 2007

hair-raising woes

I've flunked yet another hairdresser. The trouble with most of them is that they approach long hair with a one-mold-fits-all mentality.

My naturally wavy hair looks somewhat like a big loose curl perm growing out. And I *like* it that way. Granted, it's not the sleekest nor tamest of hair types, but it's different. It's got character. And it's a part of ME. Hurrah for that.

So all you hairdressers out there, stop trying to make my hair conform to your idea of what it "should" be like. Growl. I find it pretty insulting when they blow-dry my hair ramrod straight, shred-layering it just cause I'd requested for it to be made "lighter", and have me looking like any other Chinese girl along Orchard Road at the end of it all. As though I'm just another commodity churned off the salon's production line. Pleh.

It's gonna be $8 haircuts at the T&G academy from now on, even though it means a minimum of 2 hours in the shaky hands of a trainee. At least they do a proper scissors-cut throughout (no shredder nonsense), and the mandatory pre-cut assessment under their mentors ensures that they don't do clone-cuts either. Heh. Oh. And their cuts have proven it possible for me to survive on just 2-3 visits a year, so that works out to be a pretty good deal, no?

Labels: ,

Yvonne | 7:07 PM |
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Archives.


Talk to me.

Tune In.

| air1 | parousia | switchfoot | dishwalla | corrinne may | jack johnson | jason mraz | rockwell church | stephen speaks | justin king | thai music |

Check Out.

| 9 chickweed lane | mutts | hallmarks of felinity | two lumps | lynxie's diary | lomography | unphotographable | kurt halsey | albinoblacksheep | 8-legged | e-sword |

Go Wild.

| wild singapore | habitat news | blue water volunteers | enn |

Nose Around.

| benjamin | candice | desmond | dorcas | fiona | joel koh | joel pan | jon leong | jon liu | juan hui | polar bear | rachel | renee | sachel | sheep | sheep's webpage | wei liang | yvonne yip |

www.flickr.com
squashedspuds' photos More of squashedspuds' photos


Powered by Blogger